IFP Energies nouvelles (IFPEN) is a major research and training player in the fields of energy, transport and the environment. From research to industry, technological innovation is central to all its activities.
As part of the public-interest mission with which it has been tasked by the public authorities, IFPEN focuses on:
- providing solutions to take up the challenges facing society in terms of energy and the climate, promoting the transition towards sustainable mobility and the emergence of a more diversified energy mix;
- creating wealth and jobs by supporting French and European economic activity, and the competitiveness of related industrial sectors.
Its programs are structured around 3 strategic priorities:
- Sustainable mobility: developing effective, environmentally-friendly solutions for the transport sector;
- New energies: producing fuels, chemical intermediates and energy from renewable sources;
- Responsible oil and gas: proposing technologies that meet the demand for energy and chemical products while improving energy efficiency and reducing the environmental impact.
An integral part of IFPEN, its graduate engineering school – IFP School – prepares future generations to take up these challenges.
Tasks of IFPEN in the CEVOLVER project:
In particular, IFPEN will set-up a Brand-Independent Cloud (BIC), set-up the Virtual Simulation Framework (VSF) with connectivity, develop connected control strategies and assess them through the VSF. A part of this work will build-up on know-how developed within previous and ongoing H2020 projects, such as Optemus and Advice, as well as internal and other collaborative studies.
Visit the Website
CEVOLVER is an essential opportunity for us to keep developing our innovations and bring them to higher levels of maturity. We believe that the topics we work on in the project, such as brand-independent cloud concept, the eco-routing system, the optimal predictive eco-driving algorithms, the communicating simulation platform, are all utmost important advances toward an energy-efficient and clean connected mobility. We look forward to having these solutions ready and to show their potential to the CEVOLVER partners, the EC, and the European public!